We’re looking for franchisees with energy, great people skills and a desire to work hard to make their business a success. You will need access to around $450 - $600k, which includes all fees and set-up costs. In most cases, a large portion of this can be financed through banks, using a combination of existing capital, a mortgage over existing assets and a mortgage over the new restaurants.
You’ll have the freedom to run your own business, while receiving comprehensive training & support, as well as being part of a nationally successful brand recognised for quality. You’ll have access to the systems, recipes and procedures of one of Australia’s oldest and best-known family Mexican franchise restaurants. We’ll help you with the location, design and fit-out of your new restaurant. We’re with you every step of the way.
Montezuma’s trading hours are set across the country. Opening hours are usually 7 days a week, lunch and dinner and most Public Holidays.
There are seven crucial steps in the journey to owning your own Montezuma’s.
- Step 1. Fill in and submit the online Franchise Enquiry Form below.
- Step 2. We’ll call you for a quick chat and send you an application form to complete.
- Step 3. Once we’ve reviewed this information, we’ll call you again to go through any questions, plus send you a Disclosure Document Pack. This will include all relevant financial information.
- Step 4. The next step is a face-to-face interview with the team. After this, we will also take a 10% refundable deposit before proceeding.
- Step 5. The second meeting will be with the directors of Montezuma’s, to discuss locations, training and finance.
- Step 6. The formal contract will be completed by your receiving independent and professional legal and financial advice, signing the contracts and paying the balance of the franchising fee.
- Step 7. Start prepping! Your training begins with access to the Operations Manual and then 8 weeks of on-site training. We’ll provide you with regular updates on your restaurant’s design and development.
Yes. You’re a key part of its success! We believe having a passionate, well-trained and committed franchisee overseeing restaurant operations is integral. How long is the franchise agreement and what are the upfront and ongoing fees? The franchise agreement is for 10 years, with $50,000 excluding GST upfront and 6% of sales paid weekly. You will also need the financing to buy the restaurant.
Yes. 2% of your restaurant's total revenue goes towards a National Marketing Fund to promote the brand locally and nationally.
After demonstrating successful and profitable operation of a franchise restaurant for more than one year, a franchisee can be considered for a second location.
While previous experience in team management is an advantage, no restaurant experience is needed. We’ll provide you with all the training you need; the most important elements of your success are passion, commitment and people skills.
There are many factors that can affect the financial performance of a business. We can’t predict profits but can show you case studies, help you thoroughly research the business and trading environment. You will also be following the Montezuma’s proven system closely, which means the risks associated with opening a business can be reduced.
We don’t provide finance but remember you can have one or more business partners as shareholders.
Complete the enquiry form below and we’ll be in touch!